Our Client, a Hospitality Company is looking for a qualified candidate with excellent administrative and analytical financial skills to join the team. As a Floating Lodge Accounting Officer, you play a pivotal role in our financial management, demonstrating an independent mindset and ensuring the correct authorization and allocation of business expenditures.
To ensure success, the Floating Lodge Accountant should be very detail-oriented and be problem-solvers. He/she must also have strong mathematical and report writing skills.
- Correct authorization and
allocation of business expenditure.
- Demonstrate and lead with an
independent mind that is capable of questioning the need/requirement for proposed
business expenditure and/or to consider that the determined value is reasonable, fair and
within acceptable market ranges.
- Timely and accurate recording
of transactions, whether on the Panstrat system or within manual systems such that
transactions are recorded on a day to day basis.
- Prepare supplier payment
- Interpretation and analysis of
- Assist with payroll preparation
- Collation and resolution of
general ledger queries.
- Resolve all queries on balance
- Manage and update stock sheets.
- Meeting certain non-negotiable
- Provide timely feedback on
management accounts to the Regional Finance Manager.
- Driving monthly finance
meetings to discuss financial performance – feedback of these meetings to be communicated to
the Regional Finance Manager.
- Oversee and assist in the
compiling of budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist lodge managers/ Director
- Assisting with year-end audit.
- Reconciling various accounts
including clearing accounts and inter lodge transactions.
- Manage and supervise all
reports to ensure that their duties are performed in line with output requirements expected of the
Internal control environment & safeguarding of company assets and resources:
- Maintaining stock control
- Actively assist with month-end
- Actively monitor, formulate and
updating the internal controls within the lodge and conduct documented internal audits and
spot checks where necessary.
- Actively practice the principle
of professional skepticism on a day-to-day basis.
- A duty to investigate and
follow up any occurrence or suspected occurrences where the company has or may suffer
- Maintain a duty to ensure that
company assets are, properly recorded, safeguarded and cared for by those responsible for
- Take full responsibility of
petty cash, mobile wallets, company bank accounts.
- Perform regular audits on safari
shop systems and processes.
- Reviewing that expenditure is
kept in line with budge.
- Ensure that accurate
documentation is kept on record Training.
- Assist all staff with Pan Strat.
- Assisting and training the
lodge staff members in accounting principles.
- Review and train Front of House