Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant a mid-level professional who oversees the company’s accounting department. They take ownership of every aspect that goes into producing an organization’s report, from cost-productivity and margins down to expenditures.
- Prepare budgets, cash flow, and projections.
- File documents.
- Upload and save swift advice for bank transfers.
- Scan and upload important finance docs and correspondence.
- Implement recommendations from the auditor’s management letter.
- Give recommendations on how to reduce costs, improve financial
- Give recommendations on how to improve internal controls.
- Post vouchers.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Apply for an annual business license.
- Issue EFD receipts.
- Write receipts and payment vouchers.
- Maintain a file of supplier invoices and prepare payments.
- Maintain schedule of rent payments & and issue invoices.
- Initiate online payments.
- Check the quality of supporting documents.
- Prepare TRA and other statutory payments.
- Prepare salary.
- Calculate final benefits.
- Maintain a record of staff advances.
- Issue EFD receipts and Run Z reports.
- Do a monthly bank reconciliation.
- Reconcile VAT returns with EFD and sales.
- Do monthly petty cash reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Prepare debtors to report.
- Download WHT certificates and reconcile WHT.
- Analyze accounts for tax exposure.
- Work with TRA and auditors.
- Calculate provisional tax and revise as necessary.
- Minimum 4 years work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or any related field.
- Experience with TRA audits.
- CPA holder.
- Conduct oneself professionally during work hours.
- Show up to work on time.
- Prepare reports on time.
- Double-check (proofread) work for errors.
- Show good communication skills.
- Identify and resolve problems before they become serious.
- Be proactive in all aspects of work especially TRA and statutory
- Keep track of pending items and communicate if things are late.
- Keep up-to-date on advances in accounting, IT, and related fields.