Our Client, an Electrical Engineering company, is looking for a qualified Sales engineer-Instrumentation who will be responsible for sales/business development strategy for the company's Instrumentation business in Kenya/Tanzania and maintaining and cultivating key relationships and
business/project activity within the country.
- Drive for the full scope of supply (i.e., supplier of first choice) for company principal's
Measurement and analytical products, flow meters, etc. within the respective customers.
- Works with Inside Sales to generate quotes, provide technical information, and support local
- Provide input on competitive enhancements & positioning, customer preferences, project
activity, and other competitive/market data.
- Maintain and manage bookings quota that is to be reported monthly for sales and forecasting
- Work closely with the principals to maximize potential.
- Prepare and submit Monthly Forecasts in conjunction with Country Director and General
Manager of Sales.
- Establish plans & strategies to protect, grow & forecast the Instrumentation business.
- Participate in industry functions and trade shows.
- Contribute to the development and execution of a comprehensive business plan and strategy for
the country-based strategic accounts in close coordination with the Country Director and Sales
- Ensure the tactical implementation of the business plan is consistent with the SBU initiatives and
compliance with SBU sales targets, growth CAGR (forecasting efforts/plans), and new product
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes and ensures that they
are communicated and implemented throughout the entire sales channel, i.e., Safety, Quality,
- Conduct/participate in communication meetings to provide feedback on sales (wins & losses),
competitive dynamics, customer preferences/perception & other economic/market factors that
drive & protect core business and aid product development efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-3 years (min) of sales experience in Oil & Gas, Power & Water, Mining,
F&B, and renewable industries in East Africa (preferably Tanzania).
- Familiar with field/analytical instrumentation and flow meters.
- Understanding of local approval processes.
- Must have some experience in Measurement and Flow Technologies with a proven record of
success in sales management.
- 2-3 Years of Experience.
- Strong industry credibility and proven success with selling measurement solutions and providing
technical support is a mainstay.
- Lead by example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization, selling skills, and
- Extensive experience in all aspects of supplier relationship/customer management with a keen
and strategic understanding of the Instrumentation Group and end-user strategy is central.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively interact, cooperate, and communicate (i.e., must have good
oral, written, and presentation skills) within a multi-layered matrix organization.
- Must possess superior "solving" skills needed to navigate through the company group
Organization and get things done to support strategic customers.