A General Manager is responsible for maintaining accurate quality and quantity control to ensure the on-time delivery of produced mineral water to satisfy the clients. The General Manager is responsible for the entire manufacturing plant operations. The General Manager directs the plant through supervision, sharing information, taking, or directing corrective action as required, and recognizing achievements.
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, controls, and supervises the overall activities of production and sales in an integrated and efficient manner.
- Optimizes production processes by reducing waste and production time and improving labor efficiency.
- Oversee the recruiting, orienting, and training of factory workers.
- Administer policies and programs to achieve the company’s objectives and coordinate the Plant activities between departments to maintain operating efficiency.
- Responsible for assigning and designating job duties to staff according to their performance and history.
- Allocates budget sources and sets a strategic plan to achieve a company’s growth through a steady stream of profit and loss management.
- Supervise the Factory’s operations by leading a technical resources team and effectively cooperating with various peer groups within the company.
- Leads compliance with all Safe Quality Food and Food safety requirements for the facility.
- Operates the plant in accordance with corporate and plant policies, customer requirements, and approved budgets.
- Provide leadership and set objectives for the plant-based on corporate goals and customer needs.
- Communicate plant production-related requirements and solutions to the relevant departments.
- Analysis of plant results, discussing areas of concern with the management team
- Conduct plant production meetings with plant employees, and salary associates.
- Directly observe operating departments on a regular basis to ensure the quality of production and adherence to sanitation and safety standards.
- Ensures the fulfillment of customer orders within the specifications of quality, quantity, and cost.
- Manages the assigned business metrics including yield, labor efficiency, and overhead expenses.
- Demonstrates leadership to production and warehouse employees to ensure consistent quality of work.
- Maintains effective communication of expectations and goals throughout the plant environment.
- Develop and communicate business impact with weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance reports and presentations in Excel and PowerPoint. Make regular presentations to Management teams on performance.
- Ensure compliance to all Government Chemist Lab Agency (GCLA), Occupational, Safety and Health Authority (OSHA), National Environmental Management Council (NEMC), Fire and Safety, Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS), Fair Competition, other regulatory and corporate standards. Investigate, identify and mitigate any root causes of any non-compliance.
- Accountable for a safe working environment through the development of strategies focused on accident reduction as well as energy and waste minimization.
- Responsible for reviewing Safe Quality Foods Annual Review checklist with Management.
- Determine and implement key Quality Food Safety objectives and determine who is responsible and assign a time frame for completion.
- Responsible for conducting quarterly or semi-annual performance reviews to direct reporting plant employees.
- Government SPOC person representing the company where engagements with government agencies or ministries will be required.
- Responsible for cascading the Company’s Code of Conduct to all its third-party suppliers.
- Conduct quarterly or semi-annual customer needs assessment and product satisfaction surveys.
- Responsible for Business Continuity Team: decision-making, oversight and investigating actions arising from a crisis management incident.
- Holder of a degree on Industrial Engineering
- Proven progressive experience as General Manager for 10 years in a Water bottling company or FMCG company or similar role.
- Has substantial experience in business administration, engineering, or preferably, a combination of both.
- Soft Skills and Personality Traits:
- Stress resilient and flexible.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Good supervisory, communicative, management, and administrative skills, and proficiency in the use of a personal computer.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, SAP, and PowerPoint
- Proven Leadership experience in a production environment
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions.
- Strong leadership capabilities in a fast-paced production environment are required.
- Previous experience in the food/beverage manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, results-oriented.
- Able to work under deadline pressures.
- Organized and detail-oriented, adaptable to change.
- Language Fluency: English