responsibilities include locating new vendors, tracking deliveries and updating
order records (e.g. dates, invoices and discounts.) Ultimately, the person will
make cost-effective purchases and ensure maintains timely deliveries to our
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs.
- Liaise with various user departments and get purchase
- Explore potential vendors.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors,
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends.
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices.
- Prepare cost analyses.
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts.
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders.
with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition.
- At least 5 years work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Officer or
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software (e.g. Procurify or
- Knowledge of MS Excel.
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field.