- Maintain the TZ subsidiary books and records
- Create ad hoc company financial reports and projections as directed by CFO
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to enhance operations and internal controls.
- Prepare annual TZ entity budget and quarterly forecast updates.
- Direct and facilitate local Tanzania statutory audit and provide required support for US audit.
- Manage all required TZ tax and regulatory filings to ensure compliance including managing interfaces with TZ firm, US accounting firm and TRA.
- Produce polished and professional accounting reports and present recommendations to management.
- Participate in setting and reporting financial metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics.
- CPA, post-graduate chartered/professional membership (or equivalent)
- 5+ years in a senior finance role.
- Significant experience in financial reporting, transaction processing, fixed asset tracking and accounting,
- cost accounting, inventory management, Tanzania payroll and tax filings.
- Excellent knowledge of and familiarity with US GAAP or IFRS standards.